Thursday, April 9, 2015

Scrapbooking with One Inch Squares

Hello there friends, when I am on a design team I keep each collection in a different large ziplock bag . I keep all the paper and embellishments in the same bag. I even throw my scraps into the same bag. I often find myself with lots of strips of patterned paper when I'm finished with a layout. Usually these strips are about an inch wide and between 10 and 12 inches long. While I was playing with the Bella Blvd Tiny Tots I found a bunch of these little strips, I thought it would be fun to put them on a layout. I trimmed these strips (with a paper trimmer ) down to 1 inch wide and then I cut them again into 1 inch squares. When I was finished I had a whole pile of 1 inch squares. I adhered them to the background paper. I used a white cardstock base for this layout instead of patterned paper. I wanted the squares to stand out instead of getting lost in a patterned paper background.
I loved mixing these patterned papers. This collection is FULL of bright primary colors, perfect for kids. In this layout I documents a pajama party my son and niece had with their preschool class.
  I hand wrote the journaling above and below the photo and title.
So, if you have a pile of strips of patterned paper, here's a great solution for getting them out of the scrap bin and adding them to your layouts.
Do you save your small scraps or do you throw them away?

Thanks for stopping by today!








5 comments:

  1. Adorable layout! I save my scraps (and use them!) Thanks for the inspiration…also, I just LOVE those chunky letters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those letters amazing! I love chipboard alphabets! Thanks for stopping by Jenny!

      Delete
  2. Super cute page! Love the quilt look the squares made, which fit perfectly for a page about a pajama party! And yes, I save all my scraps. Maybe too much so! LOL! I usually use them on cards but will definitely have to remember this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using your scraps on cards is great! I use a lot of mine that way too. Thanks for stopping by Tish!

      Delete
  3. So impressed with the creativity you used on this layout - what a smart, fun idea to use 1" squares to create a border and emphasis on this super cute page!! I pinned this and will definitely be trying something like this!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS