Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Scrapbooking with Transparencies

 
At CHA I noticed that there are a lot of companies that are releasing transparent paper and embellishments. Bella Blvd is one of those companies with transparencies. These transparencies are so adorable and there are two different kinds. I used them both on this layout.
a layout created by @jbckadams for #BellaBlvd using the new Invisibles and Clear Cuts #scrapbooking #transparencies #scrapbook #papercrafting #letstalktuesday
The polka dot transparencies I used on this layout are called "clear cuts." Clear Cuts come in tons of bright fun colors and several patterns to accompany all of Bella Blvd's new lines. I cut several colors of the polka dot clear cuts and stitched them to white cardstock to create a fun colorful background.

Behind the photo I used another kind of transparent paper. This one is called an "invisible"
a layout created by @jbckadams for #BellaBlvd using the new Invisibles and Clear Cuts #scrapbooking #transparencies #scrapbook #papercrafting #letstalktuesday
Can we just talk about this photo for one second?... I love it, like really, really love it. I know it's totally imperfect but it's totally us.

 The invisibles are less transparent and are made of a thicker, heavier weight plastic. It's not too thick though, it went through my sewing machine with no problems. The other difference in the invisibles is that they come with fancy edges. The one I used on this layout is a scalloped edge.
a layout created by @jbckadams for #BellaBlvd using the new Invisibles and Clear Cuts #scrapbooking #transparencies #scrapbook #papercrafting #letstalktuesday

I also used some of the invisibles on THIS project:
a layout created by @jbckadams for #BellaBlvd using the new Invisibles and Clear Cuts #scrapbooking #transparencies #scrapbook #papercrafting #letstalktuesday
Isn't that big scalloped apple piece cute?!?! I can't wait put more of these on my projects. If you still need a few more ideas on how to use these two products you can find more ideas HERE. You can also find more details about these here:
Are Clear Cuts and Invisibles on your must have list? I know I'm ordering more of the gold and silver polka dot Clear Cuts ;)

6 comments:

  1. love the polkadots!! Such a cute layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly! Those polkadots are so cute and so fun to work with! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polkadots are my favorite! I like to use transparencies as windows on small gift bags. Can't wait to get my hands on some of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I love to use transparencies on gift bags too. These transparencies would be so cute to add to gift bags.

      Delete
  4. I love all your LOs. They are colorful and happy!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS